Sunday, December 23, 2007

My Favorite Things pt. 1

I know that Oprah does a version of her favorite things every year, and though I usually can't stand anything Oprah related (I even take the Oprah Book Club stickers off my books), I decided to do my own ghetto fabulous version for the next couple of days or so.

I've been blessed this year again to be able to buy or receive things that I really love so I figured I'd share a couple of them with you... in part because I hope to squeeze a couple of blog posts out of this too

My first favorite thing is my Northface Decagon Jacket.

I wasn't a big fan of Northfaces in general, partly because the P.G. Country Lil Wayne Stans stay trying to jack people for them, but now I see why they love em. Besides the obvious hood appeal, these things are fantastic on a technical level. I've never really been impressed by an article of clothing so much, and I can tell that the Northface folks put a lot into their Jackets.

It's water/wind proof, has more pockets than things I own including a couple hidden ones for iPods and other various things you want to keep hidden, and if I ever decide that I want to lose any hood status
that I may have left and "hit the slopes", it would be perfect. Also note, that I def copped the "Anchorage Green" colorway so as to keep the Lil Wayne Stans away. (They love the Black ones with all the fancy straps and buckles that look very close to straight jacket parachutes or something... why do young Black men need a coat made for the alps with a built in canteen and GPS unit, when they have never left P.G. county? I'll never understand.)

My next favorite thing from this past year is my Lacoste x Christophe Pillet watch from Collete in Paris. Now before you go thinking that I'm a baller... I got a hookup with this. (My friends are my most favorite things) There really isn't too much to say about this watch. Those of you know that know me know how I roll with watches. (I've been wearing those Burger King Simpson and Rugrats watches for years) So this is a huge step up. There's something about the big face on this, that makes it really sexy, and the Nigerian in me also loves the green and white. This will prolly be the only Lacoste item I own... and I'm alright with that.

Alright, thats it for today... hopefully tomorrow I'll have a couple more things.

No comments: