Saturday, December 08, 2007

Back Again...

So I know it's been a while, and my apologies... but there is nothing to take away any free time you've had than the beginning of basketball season... and I've started reading again... books, actually. (BTW... if you're looking for some good reads, check out Cormac McCarthy's No Country for Old Men and The Road)

Anyway... what brings me back to my few readers is the concert I attended last weekend. Little Brother came to DC and brought a hell of a show with them. Reef the Lost Cauze opened (I'd never heard of him, but he was sick... definitely look out for him) and Evidence also performed. (He too did his thing) But Little Brother was definitely the highlight. Oh yea, and they brought the man Darien Brockington with them.

There's nothing quite like going to a live hip-hop show in a small venue. First off you get a great mix of folks, and there is always so much energy. The artists are feeding off the fans and the fans are feeding off the artists.

The other thing I loved about the show, was just how real these dudes were. Like you could tell they were hustling just as much as everyone in the crowd was. After the show, they were all selling their own stuff and were around to just chill out and talk to. I chatted it up briefly with Darien Brockington and Reef (he and his peoples tried to get at me for going to Penn... until I said I was a teacher...then they felt bad for me) But it was good times all around.

Highlights of the show... Reef's spoken word, Evidence wearing a shirt that said 'I Love DC' and showing his legal marijuana card, Little Brother taking us to church, crazy white girls, and the dude behind me that knew every word and proceeded to comment on everything Phonte said. (Phonte is a hell of a showman by the way)

Anyway, here are a couple pics... sorry for the quality... but I can't afford a good camera... I am a teacher after all

Phonte and D. Brock


Big Pooh getting Sexy [||]

Showing some love after the show

Anyway... make sure to show real hip-hop some love...it always makes for good times.

2 comments:

Big Homie said...

The fuck?? Where was this at? 9:30 club or LIV?

Luq said...

It was at the Black Cat