Monday, September 24, 2007

Do I really want to smell like that?

So in my internets journeys, I stumble across some odd things. Some of which are so odd, that they inspire pseudo-intellectual rantings that all of my 20 or so readers are privy to. This particular item might take the cake. (I was gonna talk about this ignorance, but I refrained)

Apparently, the makers of Vulva Original(there is some nudity, so be warned) have figured out a way to bottle "the odor of a beautiful women." And from the name, you can probably guess what that odor is.

Now this isn't a perfume, or a cologne, and according to the site is:
A vaginal scent which is purely a substance for your own sensual pleasure.
What does that mean you might ask? Well I was wondering that too. Well, when you consider that according to the directions, one is supposed to apply this to the back of their hand and sniff... One might be led to believe that this meant to be used for umm... taking matters into one's own hands.

Is there really a market for this sort of thing? It's almost too ridiculous to believe, and yet there it is... staring me in the face, like a sideways smile. I'm at a loss. And where did they get this scent from? I'm really curious as to whom they based it on. Or maybe it's a combination of a bunch of women. Is that better? And is this a scent that can be crafted in a lab? Or is it like banana flavored candy, that they can never get quite right?

I'm just scared that it won't wash all the way off, like when you go the club and you get that marker on the hand, and it's still there like 2 days later and you have to explain what it is... but this would be a little more awkward...

Oh yea... and to cap this all off... their website is: smellmeand.com... they even have shirts that say that...

Let that marinate on your hands a little...



1 comment:

Miss O. said...

lol!

ummm...

what is this?!