Wednesday, August 29, 2007

America Has Gone Dumb...

Finally... something blog worthy...

So, I'm sure that many of you have seen the now famous clip of Ms. South Carolina in the Miss Teen USA pageant. And I'm also sure that many of you have come to the conclusion she must be quite dumb. However, if you are to believe the Today Show in the following clip, then you would be mistaken.



Now come on people... who are we kidding here? This young lady completely butchered a fairly easy question and the English language. The question was about people not being about to spot out America on a map... and she ended up talking about South Africa and Iraq! How does that happen? I don't care how "nervous" she and Ann Curry claimed she was. She couldn't even construct a sentence... I had to watch her answer like 3 or 4 times before I could even piece together some of the answer.

Now besides the fact that she couldn't put together a coherent thought in that pseudo answer, I'm mad that she got to go on TV and "defend" her idiocy. How does that happen? Not to pull the race card, but there is no way that a Black person gets that luxury. But because it's a cute white girl, they give her another chance. And she does ok with the second chance, but she did have almost a week to do so. Not that I would have bashed her when she came on the show, but I don't think that being buddy with her as Curry was, was the right call either.

I don't know... maybe it's the educator in me, but I don't like to reward stupidity and I feel like that is exactly what is going to happen.

Anyway...as the principal in Billy Madison says
what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

But... like, such as...maps... south africa and iraq and asian countries... and such.

Please learn your kids people. Oh yea... and she came in third... now that's a prestigious competition.

video: Ms. South Carolina Today Show interview


No comments: