Monday, June 18, 2007

Not a bad start...

To what could be a great summer...

So I went to the "beach" this past weekend... Dewey Beach in Delaware to be exact, and although I didn't really touch the beach at all, in principle I was there. (I didn't really miss anything, I could see the sand from the roof of our hotel.) If you've never heard of Dewey Beach, just picture lots of drunk white folks in their late 30s to mid 40s wearing offensively corny t-shirts. (For example: I do all my own money shots) Quite the spectacle indeed. When you accompany this with a little slap fighting, a game of Asshole, and a former NFL cheerleader... you're in for some quality times.

However I was a bit disappointed by the showing of the older folks I went with. I guess the married 30 somethings just can't hang like they used to... at the least the guys couldn't... The wives were definitely bout it... but thats another story. But the young folks held it down.

The highlight of the weekend and the inspiration for this blog and the accompanying picture would have to be one of the guys that I shared the room with. This guy failed to inform us that when he sleeps, he sometimes has a tendency to SCREAM.

I kid you not my friends... this dude definitely SCREAMED into his pillow on more than on occasion. Apparently I slept through the first time, and was quite hesitant to believe that this mild-mannered man could do that. And even when I heard it, I almost didn't believe it. It was like a bad horror movie. I half expected him to wake up and kill us. You haven't lived until you've heard a grown man half scream, half moan into his pillow whilst sleeping.

The funny thing about this all is that he actually told us after the first time that he forgot to mention that sometimes (read: after drinking) he might scream a little...

Anyway... it was good times... and I made it home to watch a fantastic episode of Entourage...

Lastly, I think I've discovered my new show for the summer... Flight of the Conchords. (You can watch the first episode here) These dudes are hysterical. They're a real band from New Zealand (sort of like a folksy Tenacious D), and they've moved to NY... definitely check it out... comes on after Entourage and is one of the funniest shows I've seen in a while. (They also have quite the following)

Check out this clip if you're not convinced...



"And when you're on the street... depending on the street, I bet you're definitely in the top 3... good looking girls on the street..."

2 comments:

Jubilance said...

That screaming thing can't be good.

Why were you in Delaware?

Glad your back to blogging on the regular.

Luq said...

It's glad to be back my friend... and I was in Delaware because Dewey Beach is there...