Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Vampires and White men are easy...


Taxes? That's another story all together... Apparently, vampire hunter extraordinaire and star of the classic film "White Men Can't Jump" is not as tough when it comes to the I.R.S. He could face up to 40 years in jail for claiming more than 12 million dollars in refunds... yikes. Maybe he could find one of these to help him out. As a warning... if you're rich and black, the I.R.S. will get you. Its that simple.

So I saw the new Jay-Z video... and I've got to say, as with the song, I'm not impressed. And what's the deal with the Danica Patrick and Dale "I have
a 250 person capacity nightclub in my basement" Earnhardt cameos? Is that hip-hop? Maybe I just don't know. I keep hoping for something to grab onto when it comes to Jay... but I just can't, and it makes me sad. It really does.
However, what would make the video great would be spliced in footage from the "Rump Shaker" vid. Maybe even have the girl play that sax all sexy like just like in the original. "All I wanna do is zoom a zoom zoom zoom and a boom boom..."


Is this sounding a little trite to anyone else? Its like every week a rapper is either shot, or caught with unlicensed guns, or both. Let's get our stuff together folks. I wonder if he's got an album coming out soon...

On another note... at no point in my sports watching life have I ever heard of anything like this. A commentator mad that he can't join a 30 person brawl and saying as much on air. Lamar "So what if I beat up my fiance" Thomas (of the 'U' and former Dolphin) made these great comments during the Miami - FIU brawl bowl(video if you haven't seen it):
"Now, that's what I'm talking about. You come into our house, you should get your behind kicked. You don't come into the OB playing that stuff. You're across the ocean over there. You're across the city. You can't come over to our place talking noise like that. You'll get your butt beat. I was about to go down the elevator to get in that thing."
If that's not the most ignorant ridiculousness... then I don't know what is. He was really mad that he couldn't fight. I bet he was proud of the kid that was wielding his helmet like a battle axe. He was promptly fired.
The best (or worst) part of all this madness: The Miami Dade police brought over 700 kids to the game for their annual Join-a-Team, Not-a-Gang Program.
Talk about awkward... "Mommy, I decided I don't want to be a crip anymore, I wanna play for the 'U'!"
Yea... definite Poor Choices all around.

No comments: